What is FolderSync?
FolderSync is a powerful tool that allows users to easily sync files between their local folders on the device’s SD card and various cloud storage providers. With support for a wide range of cloud providers and file protocols, FolderSync offers a seamless and efficient way to backup and sync your important files. Whether you want to backup your music, pictures, or other files from your phone to the cloud, or vice versa, FolderSync makes it incredibly easy. Plus, with automation support using Tasker and similar programs, you have complete control over your syncs.
FolderSync offers a comprehensive set of features to enhance your file syncing experience:
1. Full File Manager
With FolderSync, you get a full file manager that allows you to manage your files both locally and in the cloud. You can easily copy, move, and delete files in your cloud or remote accounts. Additionally, FolderSync supports the creation and deletion of buckets in Amazon S3, making it even more versatile.
2. Supported Cloud Providers
FolderSync supports a wide range of cloud providers, ensuring compatibility with your preferred storage service. Some of the supported cloud providers include Amazon S3 Simple Storage Service, Box, CloudMe, Dropbox, Google Drive, HiDrive, Livedrive Premium, luckycloud, MEGA, MyDrive.ch, MyKolab, NetDocuments, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, OwnCloud, pCloud, Storegate, SugarSync, WEB.DE, and Yandex Disk.
3. Supported Protocols
In addition to cloud providers, FolderSync also supports various file protocols, allowing you to connect to different servers and services. The supported protocols include FTP, FTPS (SSL/TLS implicit), FTPES (SSL/TLS explicit), SFTP (SSH File Transfer), Samba1/CIFS/Windows Share, SMB2, and WebDAV (HTTPS).
Pro Version and Free Version
FolderSync offers both a pro version and a free version. The free version contains ads, while the pro version has no limitations. In terms of functionality, both versions are identical, so you can choose the one that suits your needs best.
Change Log, Support, and FAQ
If you want to stay updated with the latest changes and improvements in FolderSync, you can check out the change log at [http://www.tacit.dk/foldersync/changelog](http://www.tacit.dk/foldersync/changelog). For any support-related queries or issues, you can visit [http://www.tacit.dk/support](http://www.tacit.dk/support). Additionally, if you have any questions or need further information about FolderSync, you can refer to the FAQ section at [http://www.tacit.dk/foldersync/faq](http://www.tacit.dk/foldersync/faq).
To ensure smooth functionality, FolderSync requires certain permissions on your device. These permissions include:
– ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: This optional permission allows FolderSync to detect the SSID name on Android 9 or newer devices.
– ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: This permission is needed to determine the current network state.
– ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: FolderSync requires this permission to access information about the current WiFi state, such as SSID.
– CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE/CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: These permissions are necessary to allow FolderSync to turn WiFi on and off.
– CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE: This permission is needed for autodiscovery of WebDAV, SMB, FTP, and SFTP servers using the Bonjour/UPNP protocol.
– INTERNET: FolderSync requires this permission to access the internet connection for sending and retrieving files.
– READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE/WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: These permissions are necessary to read and write files from and to the SD card.
– RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: This permission allows FolderSync to automatically start after a device reboot, ensuring that scheduled syncs will still run.
– WAKE_LOCK: FolderSync requires this permission to keep the device running during a sync, preventing it from entering sleep mode.